The Advantages of Cooking Small Portions
Many of us are used to cooking for large families, but when it comes to cooking in small portions, we are at a loss. However, there comes the point when cooking in small portions becomes a necessity. The good news- there are several advantages to cooking for a single person. Here are some reasons why we love cooking for one.
- Cooking for yourself means you can afford yourself the luxury of cooking what you what and what you like. You do not have to be anxious about cooking a dish that will appeal to the rest of the family. Your taste buds are all that matter.
- Cooking in small potions takes far less time than it would take to cook for a large family or several people. The lesser time you spend in the kitchen, there is a high likelihood that you will be using fewer dishes – so that means less cleaning!
It is easier to cook healthy when you are cooking for yourself, especially if you are conscious of eating healthy. Needless to say, on a healthy diet, your fitness targets (such as a lower weight) can become a reality.
Quick, healthy and easy dishes for a week for a single person
You can try all these recipes with a single pot, like the Aurora Luxe.
- Grilled fish with mashed potatoes
- Lamb stew
- Grilled chicken with lemon beans and sautéed baby carrots
- Vegetable pulav and chicken stew
- Steamed rice and vegetable stew
- Corn on the cob with garlic butter
- Sautéed vegetables and chicken
So, no more excuses – get cooking and get healthy.